October 28, 2014

St. Timothy Award

So sorry for the radio silence this past week.  Between the end of the quarter madness and me teaching additional classes (one of our teachers has been out injured), it's been quite a crazy week here!  But, it was all worth it on Sunday when I attended the St. Timothy Award celebration at St. Joseph Cathedral here in Manchester.  Each year, the Diocese of Manchester recognizes teenagers for their commitment to the Church and their faith.  I was happy that Liam Quinn '15, one my main go to guys in Campus Ministry, was one of the recipients this year.  In addition to all he does here at Trinity High School, he is very active in his parish, St. Raphael's.  It was St. Raphael's who initiated Liam's nomination and I was more than happy to provide a letter on his behalf.

The ceremony was part of Evening Prayer at the cathedral and after Bishop Libasci's homily, the 20 teenagers and about 10 adults were recognized for their work and achievements.  The presenter read excerpts from the letters people wrote on their behalf and I was incredibly moved by the amazing faith and work our teenagers are doing.  I always tell our students that they have such power and abilities and they don't have to wait until they are older to do extraordinary things for God and His Church.

Following the ceremony, Liam's mom (Katie '77) treated me, Liam, family members, and Mr. Sheehan '79 of our math department to dinner at the Puritan Backroom.  We noticed that there was a political event but we never expected to see Sen. John McCain walk in!  He went around to every table to talk to people and me being a political junkie took a picture with him.  It was a wonderful cap to an amazing afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment