October 1, 2015

"For I was hungry...."

Each fall we launch our Works of Mercy projects with a food drive to benefit the New Hampshire Food Bank, a Catholic Charities program.  Our goal this year was 5,000 pounds and when all was said and done, our school community raised 9,197 pounds of food!  We launched it on Sept. 16 and wrapped it up early this week.  This morning, a truck from the Food Bank picked up the food and we filled 11 watermelon bins in the front of the school.  The students brought down the food from their homerooms and filled and filled and filled the bins.



As always, we made the food drive a friendly competition among classes and homerooms.  Ms. Degulis' homeroom came in first place with 1,058 pounds and the seniors brought in the most pounds of food at 5,261.  I will be taking Ms. Degulis' homeroom to the Puritan for ice cream one Friday and they will get the last mod off and the seniors will be getting a cookout some afternoon for lunch.

I am beyond grateful to the Trinity High School community for once again heeding our call to feed the hungry and for doing it all for Him.  As is our custom, this was our morning prayer yesterday:

‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?you?’And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment